The Pinellas Pilots Association flying club was incorporated and founded in 1998, as a spinoff of Students and Flight Instructors from the once, St. Pete Junior College aviation program.
PPA flying club was established out of the need to minimize the costs associated with renting or owning an aircraft. There are numerous Flight Instructors in the Association for assistance in earning a Private Pilot's License, Instrument Rating, or just to stay current. This one-on-one flight training is a great benefit of the flying club. Another great benefit of being a PPA member is sharing of the passion of flight with fellow club members as well as others in the community alike.
The airplane is hangered at Sheltair Aviation at the Saint Petersburg/Clearwater International Airport (KPIE).
Highlights of PPA Flying Club
- Reasonable Fees
- Meticulously maintained airplane
- Easy online scheduling 24 hours a day
- Excellent semi private hangar, 24-hour access
- Informative safety meetings
- Instructors and members who fly for the joy of flying
- and so much more!
Outline of Club Costs
- $1,300 Member Equity
- $165/monthly dues
- $70/hour per flight hour
- Aircraft rates are by Hobbs hour, wet
- $45/hour for Flight Instruction